Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Here I am World!

Here I am two-thirds of the way through the "4th trimester" of life as they call it and adjusting quite well to the world outside the womb. My mom has taken SO many pictures and videos of me in my first 8 weeks of life that I decided to share a few highlights of the beginnings of my life in NY so you can see how much I've changed!


This is me at one week. Mom, Dad and I had some good bonding time those first 6 days of my life.






My uncle Ben, aunt Megan and cousin Lauren came from DC for the weekend to celebrate my 1 week birthday and Megan even made me a cake to celebrate! My grandma Susan and grandpa Randy came from Minnesota to visit for the whole week. I love it when they sing to me!


























WEEK 2: My mom & dad introduced me to the outside world right away! We got out for some good walks and here I am outside in my first snow, then sound asleep after all the fresh air. It actually snowed when we were on our way home from the hospital but this snow I got to "play" in.


When I turned 3 weeks old I celebratedwith Grandma & Grandpa Block. They rode the train all the way from Nebraska to come and meet me - what fun we had! At this point, I love to sleep, eat A LOT and entertain everyone inbetween when I yawn and stretch - I do this A LOT!




4 weeks: I figured out how to smile for the first time this week! It happened when my mom and grandma Susan were singing to me - what fun! As you can see, I tend to stick my tongue out alot when I smile; it makes my mom and dad smile too! Another picture shows me hanging out on my dad; he loves the way I give him a mini-hug with my arms propped around him.





5 Weeks old!
The weather was a bit chilly this week but Mom still got me out for at least one walk everyday. I get to ride in the stroller and in a wrap on my mom. Sometimes we even meet Dad riding his bike home from work. I also started eating from a bottle this week; it's okay, but no substitute for the real deal.





During my 6th week of life, Mom, Dad and I took a 6 mile round trip walk to the neighboring town called Piermont. It was a great walk along a path overlooking the Hudson River. When we got to Piermont, we stopped at a coffee shop. What fun I had dancing with mom and snuggling with dad - although they didn't let me try any of their smoothie...


7 weeks
Wow, this season they call springtime sure is great! Mom and Dad have been taking me outside to play more now that it's warmer and we even had lunch outside at a cafe with grandma Susan & grandpa Randy. I love it when they come and visit! Mom says it's only the first week of April and the daffodils are in full bloom and the grass is green!




8 weeks
I found my hand this week and it sure does taste good! I sometimes try to get my whole fist in my mouth. I've noticed these fun objects hanging down on my activity gym and they swing when I bat at them - what a great game.


No comments: